Helping the Candidate – By, Peter Felix, AESC PresidentExecutive Search, Expert Opinion, Human Resources, LATAM Thursday, September 15th, 2011
[posted on 08/01/2011]
What are you doing with unsolicited resumes? What do you say to the candidate who is seeking career advice, access to other AESC search firms more suited to their industry or function, help with their resume, or who just doesn’t understand the executive search process?
As a benefit of your AESC membership BlueSteps provides a fully fledged career management service that has been specifically designed by the AESC to help candidates with the myriad of issues that they face when considering a career change. It not only saves you considerable time, and therefore money, but BlueSteps stores and organizes these resumes/CVs so that you and your team can access them at any time as a research resource when conducting your assignments.
Things you should know about BlueSteps so that you can answer questions from candidates about the service:
- It is now 10 years old and continues to grow in reach and services.
- There are over 65,000 senior executives who have joined from all over the world.
- The average compensation of members is US $250,000, or regional equivalent. This is the highest average of any online career website.
- BlueSteps is owned and supported by all AESC member firms, representing over 8,000 search professionals in 74 countries worldwide.
- It is highly confidential – only AESC member firms and consultants have access to the database.
- AESC member firms access the database daily. In the past 3 months there have been 5,000 searches involving 22,000 candidate profiles.
- There are many examples of short list and finalist candidates coming from the BlueSteps database.
- There is a one-time fee to join of $329, or regional equivalent, and the candidate’s updatable profile will be in the database for life.
- Other premium services are available such as resume writing and career coaching, access to the AESC’s international member directory and the AESC guidebook “Executive Search and Your Career”.
If you haven’t already done so, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with BlueSteps at www.bluesteps.com and ensure that you are both referring candidates to it (please see the cut and paste referral wording below) and using the database as a research tool. I encourage you to pass along the following discount code – Executive20% – to your candidates, which can be entered at check out to obtain 20% off their membership.
Many thanks for your help in responding to and circulating this letter for discussion amongst your colleagues. If you need any extra help or would like us to arrange a BlueSteps tutorial for your team then please let me know.
With best wishes,